Almighty God our heavenly Father, we rejoice that your Incarnate Son is the Head of your Church, and that it is your will that the Church on earth should be not only in name but also in practice one, holy, catholic and apostolic in its character and nature.
We ask you mercifully to look upon that branch and jurisdiction of your Church, which is The Anglican Way, and which at this time is experiencing a severe crisis of identity, especially as it seeks ways in maintaining orthodox faith to express both autonomy and interdependency by its provinces. Especially do we pray for the Covenant Design Group, which has the important and urgent task of preparing “An Anglican Covenant” to be a means of binding together in faith, love and ministry the provinces of the Anglican Communion of Churches.
We pray that its members:
- The Most Revd Drexel Gomez, West Indies
- The Revd Victor Atta-Baffoe, West Africa
- The Most Revd Dr John Chew, South East Asia
- Ms Sriyanganie Fernando, Ceylon
- The Revd Dr Kathy Grieb, USA
- The Rt Revd Santosh Marray, Indian Ocean
- The Most Revd John Neill, Ireland
- The Revd Canon Andrew Norman, England
- Chancellor Rubie Nottage, West Indies
- The Revd Dr Ephraim Radner, USA
- Ms Nomfundo Walaza, Southern Africa
- The Revd Canon Gregory Cameron, London
The Rev'd Dr. Peter Toon MA., D.Phil (Oxford)