Sunday, May 11, 2008

Prayer Request, Eve of Pentecost from Peter Toon

If you are so moved, I ask you on this Eve of, or on the Day of Pentecost itself, that in the power of the Holy Spirit, given on this Day, you will make petition to the Father in the Name of Jesus for me/us, concerning the following:

I am a candidate for stem-cell transplant at the University hospital in Seattle, as the most efficient treatment to seek to expel the rogue protein, amyloid, from my body where it does much harm. I am doing all the preliminary tests in order to move into this program within a few weeks.

However, initial treatment and preparation is already delayed, and will be much more delayed, if the fluid that is draining from my right lung does not cease or become minimal very soon. Fifteen days out from the procedure, plurodesis, the tube is still there in my right lung! It has to come out very soon or there will be infection etc, and if it comes out with the fluid still building up inside, then another more radical procedure will be necessary and this will certainly delay or stop the treatment of the amyloidosis.

So my prayer request is simple: If you are so moved and guided,

Ask the Lord by the presence and power of the Pentecost SPIRIT to heal and put right what is causing the continuing build-up of fluid in my right lung. And to prepare my body for the demanding procedure of stem-cell transplant (using my own cells!).

Thank you!

And may you have a blessed Whitsuntide!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For the Octave of Pentecost

O ALMIGHTY God, who art the giver of all health, and the aid of them that turn to thee for succour; We entreat thy strength and goodness in behalf of Peter, thy servant, that he may be healed of his infirmities, to thine honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.