Wednesday, April 02, 2003

Meditating in Passion Week & Holy Week

The two official sermons of the Church of England on the Meaning of the Death of Jesus Christ (from the 2nd Book of Homilies, 1562) are now posted on the Website of my little parish.

They are about 25 mins each and provide a reformed catholic view of the reason for and meaning of our Lord's suffering and death.

Hear them read (not by Bishop John Jewel, I regret) but by me at www.christchurch-biddulph.fsnet.co.uk via your own home computer.

May they help the ending of your Lenten discipline and meditations.

If you have time, tarry at the website and hear other sermons written by the leaders of the reformed Church of England in the 16th century and read by me (O that I were a better reader/preacher of these great sermons).

Thank you for your patience.

I thank Barbara Rabett for her work in putting these sermons on line.

The Rev'd Dr. Peter Toon

No comments: