Monday, December 02, 2002

CD Offer

Good friends,

Best wishes for Advent, Christmas and Epiphany.

I write to tell you that this little parish has just completed making a CD. It is in an attractive presentation box and lasts for 70 mins in all with six tracks.

We began with creating a web site in 2002, then we added to it a sound facility, and now we have recorded some talks by me on themes from the Book of Common Prayer and in defence of its classical language of public prayer and made them into a CD. Believe me this is a great achievement for a working-class small semi-rural parish in Northern England!

I say "we" but the major work has been done by a lady, Barbara, who is disabled and all this is a triumph to her perseverance and skill. I have merely encouraged her.

We are charging only what it costs us to make it -- £2.50 plus post per copy or 2 for £5.00 post free.

However, for those in the USA we can send a copy by air mail if you send me a $10.00 bill. 2 copies for $15.00 by air.

For people in Canada, we will do the same for a $10.00 bill or $15.00 bills.

Checks are not much use to us for it costs more to negotiate them than they are worth.

Please encourage the good lady in her important ministry and listen [I hope!] to some authentic expositions of prayer-book religion.

My address is:
The Rectory, Hot Lane, Biddulph Moor,
Stoke on Trent ST8 7HP Great Britain.

Thank you for your patience


The Rev'd Dr. Peter Toon

No comments: