Tuesday, September 18, 2001

THE REVD DR PETER TOON AND THE CHURCH OF ENGLAND

Since various messages have been going around the Internet about my relation to the Church of England, may I clarify what is happening.

It is my expectation that by the New Year I shall be the Rector (Minister in
Charge) of Christ Church, Biddulph Moor, Diocese of Lichfield. (I was ordained in the C of E in 1973) This is a small traditional parish which uses the BCP 1662 and in which I can continue to give time to reading and writing.

Meanwhile and until the Board Meeting in January 2001, I remain the President of the Prayer Book Society of the USA. Thus I shall be working and writing and editing and speaking for the cause of the Society until the end of 2001. (I have been on the Board of the PBS for 9 years and its President for 6 years)

Even when I go to England I intend to continue to write for the Prayer Book Society and be in daily touch by e-mail, fax etc with colleagues in the Prayer Book movement in North America, and spend a month or so each year in the USA.


Peter Toon September 17th 2001

No comments: